Vizio is one of the world's leading television manufacturers. The company was sold in 20211.4 MillionTV units and this number is expected to increase in the coming years. However, no TV brand is perfect. A known issue with Vizio TVs is audio card malfunctions. Also, Vizio volume not working is a surprisingly common problem.many usersYou have complained.
If you can't adjust the volume on your Vizio TV, don't worry, you're not alone. You can try the following troubleshooting tricks to fix audio issues with your Vizio TV. But first, let's address the most common audio-related issues faced by Vizio TV owners:
Have a specific question about Vizio volume not working?Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section. And you can always go back by clicking the black arrow at the bottom right of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. See the Disclosures section at the bottom of the page for more details.
This is what we will cover:
- Common Vizio TV volume issues
- The Vizio TV volume does not work with the remote control
- Vizio TV has no sound but is not muted
- Vizio TV has no sound when switched on
- volume fluctuations
- Why is the volume not working on my Vizio TV?
- Turn the volume up and down on the Vizio TV
- How do I fix volume issues on my Vizio TV?
- inaudible Tone
- The sound cuts off abruptly
- Factory reset your Vizio TV
Common Vizio TV volume issues
To properly fix Vizio Smart TV volume issues, you need to understand the challenges you are facing. You might be fixing an audio-related issue today only to be faced with a slightly different error a few days later.
So, here is a list of all the major Vizio TV sound issues that customers often experiencecomplainabout in online forums –
The Vizio TV volume does not work with the remote control
You press and hold the volume buttons on the Vizio remote and see that nothing happens. This is a common problem faced by Vizio Smart TV owners. There are many possible causes for these types of problems. Your remote control may be defective or there may be a problem with your TV's audio card.
Vizio TV has no sound but is not muted
You haven't turned off your TV manually, but there's still no sound coming from the TV. This is another common problem faced by Vizio TV owners and is most likely caused by a faulty audio card.
You might also want to read this:
- Vizio Soundbar not working: All common problems and easy fixes
- Facebook News Feed Not Working: How Do I Get It Working Again?
Vizio TV has no sound when switched on
Many users face this problem where their Vizio TVs become inaudible. Even if the volume is not turned down, they hear no sound from their TV.
Vizio TV volume going up and down for no reason is another common problem that people face. In most cases, the audio stops abruptly after floating around for a while.
These are the most common Vizio volume control issues. We will give logical solutions to each of these problems.
Why is the volume not working on my Vizio TV?
Is your Vizio TV volume not working? Here are the most common culprits to watch out for:
- You accidentally muted the volume on your TV.
- There are problems with the input functions of your TV.
- Incorrect cabling is causing audio dropouts on your TV.
- Your TV software is out of date.
- Hardware problems like a broken audio card.
Turn the volume up and down on the Vizio TV
Of all the audio-related issues that Vizio TV owners face, this is the worst. The volume of their televisions constantly fluctuates like a yo-yo, causing extreme distress to them and their neighbors. here's whythis matterStill happening with Vizio TVs:
- TV control knob is stuck or damaged
- There are problems with the remote control (e.g. a button was accidentally pressed too hard).
- Volume button on the Vizio remote does not work
- There are software issues with your Vizio TV
- TV audio is set incorrectly
- There is a conflict between the advanced audio settings on your TV and the program you are trying to watch
To troubleshoot these issues, do the following:
- Make sure all wires and cables connected to your Vizio TV are in good condition.
- Check if a button on your TV remote control is pressed or broken; If yes, fix them manually.
- Check your TV's audio settings.
In most cases, the latter issue (a conflict between the TV's advanced audio settings and the programs being watched) is to blame. To fix this problem you need to disable Vizio TV Advanced SRS TruVolume:
- Do not enter a main menu
- Enter the audio settings
- Insert enhanced audio
- Disable SRS TruVolume
Applying one or more of these fixes will fix your TV volume problems. You can also try updating your TV's firmware. Here's a useful onevideo guidedealing with this specific topic.
How do I fix volume issues on my Vizio TV?
Here are the simplest solutions to other common Vizio TV volume issues:
Vizio sound not working is a problem that many users are complaining about. If your Vizio TV has no sound, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure your satellite receiver and other connected devices are HDMI compatible
- Disable the SRS TruVolume setting. Some Vizio TVs have a similar SRS TruSurround setup. Try disabling this setting in your TV's audio settings menu to see if that fixes the problem.
- Turn off the volume control on your TV. Go to your TV's settings page, go to the audio settings section and turn off the volume control.
- Update your TV's firmware. Go to Settings and click Check for Updates. If an update is available, install it manually.
The sound cuts off abruptly
There is no sound at all no matter how many times you press the volume button on the Vizio TV. If you are facing this problem, consider the following steps:
- Turn the TV off and on again by leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, plug the power cord back in, possibly to a different outlet, to see if that resolves the issue.
- Disconnect all connected devices (set-top boxes, game consoles, etc.) for a while to see if the problem goes away. If so, one of your connected devices could be triggering your TV audio issues.
- Make sure that all cables connected to the TV are dirty or damaged. If so, replace them to see if the audio issues persist.
Factory reset your Vizio TV
This is the solution of last resortTV repair specialistsonly recommend if all other solutions fail. Factory resetting your Vizio TV means removing all of your saved content and settings and restoring the TV to its default state. Follow these steps to factory reset your Vizio Smart TV:
- Select "Menu" on your remote control.
- go to settings
- Go to the Reset and manage section
- Select the "Reset TV to factory settings" option.
- Enter your password
- Click on "Reset".
Your TV will automatically restart before fully restarting. Use one or more troubleshooting tricks to solve your Vizio TV audio problems!
Credits: Thanks for the photoCanvas.
At ipoki.com, we only mention products that we have researched and found worthy. However, it is important to note that we participate in various affiliate programs, including the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program that offers us an opportunity to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated websites. As an Amazon Associate, ipoki.com earns from qualifying purchases.
You might also want to read this:
- Vizio Soundbar not working: All common problems and easy fixes
- Facebook News Feed Not Working: How Do I Get It Working Again?
Here's how to get back to enjoying your Vizio TV to the fullest: The Vizio TV No Sound problem can easily be fixed by power cycling the TV. To do so, switch off your Vizio TV, unplug it from the power source, wait for 60 seconds before plugging it back in, and switch it on.How do I reset the sound on my Vizio TV? ›
Here's how to get back to enjoying your Vizio TV to the fullest: The Vizio TV No Sound problem can easily be fixed by power cycling the TV. To do so, switch off your Vizio TV, unplug it from the power source, wait for 60 seconds before plugging it back in, and switch it on.Why won't my Vizio volume turn up? ›
Please check the internal audio settings in your cable or satellite box to increase the volume. If this does not resolve the issue or you are not using a cable or satellite box you may want to try turning off the SRS TruSurround and the SRS TruVolume settings inside the Audio Settings.Why does my TV suddenly have no volume? ›
Turning your TV off and back on again is one of the first things you should do if the volume isn't working or is stuck. Verify the audio settings. Make sure that the TV's audio input settings are on. Make sure the HDMI cable is connected.What to do when TV volume stops working? ›
- Check the Speakers setting on the TV. ...
- Increase the volume of the TV.
- Make sure the MUTE option of the TV isn't enabled.
- Make sure no headphones are connected to the TV.
- Perform a power reset on the TV. ...
- If using a set-top box with a volume control, increase the volume of the set-top box.
Increase the volume on the TV and/or your connected media device (streaming player, Blu-ray player, cable or satellite box, etc.). Check the audio settings on your TV and connected devices. Turn off and unplug your TV and connected devices. Inspect the TV cables and ports, then check the ones on your devices as well.How do I reset my sound? ›
- Press Win + I to open the settings menu. ...
- In the System menu, click on Sound.
- Select Volume mixer.
- Look for the Reset sound devices and volumes for all apps to the recommended defaults, and select Reset.
Go to Settings >> Accessibility >> Accessibility menu. There are some apps that have been created to virtually replace your volume button. You can download a virtual volume button application from Play store. Just go to Play store and search for volume button, download and install an app that meets your needs.Can you manually turn up the volume on a Vizio TV? ›
Select Devices in the upper-right corner and choose your display from the list. Once selected, you can control the television as if your smartphone were a remote: Use it to turn the TV on or off, adjust the volume, change the channel, set the aspect ratio, and more.Why do I have picture but no sound? ›
Temporarily unplug all the TV connection cables and reboot the TV set. Sometimes, temporarily unplugging the connected cables might help resolve your TV no sound issue. This temporary reset works to clear the short-term memory of the television, and also helps to resolve some other issues.
This means that you may need to change the settings for each HDMI port to which a device is connected. Check the audio output settings of your source device to ensure it's set to output a compatible audio signal. You may need to change the audio output settings on your source device.How long do TVs last? ›
The average lifespan of an LED at maximum or close-to-maximum brightness is 40,000 to 60,000 hours, or roughly 4.5 to 6.8 years. If you aren't watching TV for 24 hours a day (and I hope you're not), an LED TV like the 5-Series could last around 13 years, provided none of the other components fail beforehand.Why has my sound bar suddenly stopped working? ›
More often than not, the issue would be with the cable. If all the connections are secure, then try the same connections with a different cable. Sometimes the cable is having some interference with the connection. If the problem persists, check your volume.How do I get sound on my TV through HDMI? ›
- Prepare an HDMI cable.
- Connect the cable to the TV's HDMI IN (ARC).
- Connect to the HDMI OUT (TV-ARC) port of the speaker that you want to connect.
- Turn the speakers on that are connected to the TV.
- The TV sound will be played through your external speakers.
- Unplug your TV for 60 seconds. Don't just turn it off.
- Hold the power button down for 30 seconds after it is unplugged.
- Count slow on those 60 seconds or use a watch.
- Plug your TV back in and check for a picture. If it's working, you are done.
- If not, go to the next step.
If you're experiencing issues with your audio, resetting your PC may help resolve the issue. A reset will restore your PC to its default settings, which can help fix audio problems. However, a reset will also erase any personal files and data on your PC, so be sure to back up your files before resetting.How do I restore my volume button? ›
In the Taskbar menu under the Notification area, click on the Turn system icon on or off. A new panel will display where you can toggle on/off the various system icons. Make sure the Volume control toggle is set to ON. Restart Windows and see if the sound icon is back in the taskbar.What to do if your volume is stuck? ›
Try scraping-out dust and gunk around the volume control with a q-tip. You can also vacuum the iPhone volume button stuck or use compressed air to blow the dirt out. This is one of the most common reasons that the volume button stops working, so try cleaning your phone first.How do you reboot a Vizio TV? ›
Power Cycle the Television. Unplug the power cord from the back of the TV or the outlet, whichever is more convenient. Hold the power button on the side of the TV down for 3-5 seconds. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the TV.How do I get to Audio settings on my Vizio TV without the remote? ›
- Download the Vizio SmartCast app from Google Play or the iOS App Store. Open the app on your mobile device.
- Tap the Control icon. Select Devices and choose your TV from the list that appears.
- The control menu that appears operates like a normal remote.
Depends on the button you press. Volume down + Power takes a screencap on devices featuring the ability to. Volume up + Power boots your device into recovery, so youll have the option to load into fastboot, do a factory reset or restart, and more.How do I get sound on my Vizio TV? ›
Press the Menu button on your VIZIO remote. Use the arrow keys to highlight 'Audio' or 'Audio Settings' and press the 'OK' key on the remote. Make sure it says 'On' next to the TV Speakers setting. If it states off, press okay to choose 'ON'.Can HDMI cable affect TV sound? ›
Audio Quality :
HDMI is renowned for its video quality, but it also can carry audio without the need for multiple cables. HDMI supports Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD for 7.1-channel sound for loss-less, theatre-quality audio. HDMI 1.4 also supports audio return channel, which sends sound from your TV tuner to your receiver.
HDMI cables can transfer video and audio in high definition quality from one device to another. There are a variety of reasons you may not be hearing source audio on another device when using an HDMI cable; the settings may not be correct on one of the devices, the hardware may be faulty or the cable itself may be bad.Can you reset a TV by unplugging it? ›
If you leave the TV with the power cord (mains lead) disconnected, the electricity that remains in the unit will be discharged. As a result, unnecessary data and error information in the memory will return to their defaults, and allow you to use the TV again normally.Where is factory reset on TV? ›
- Turn on the TV.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control. ...
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will depend on your TV menu options: ...
- Select Factory data reset or Reset.
- Select Erase Everything. ...
- Select Yes.
If you use your Vizio TV frequently, where it is switched ON all day, then expect it to last around 3-6 years. However, if you use it sparingly and it is switched OFF for a few hours a day, it should last at least 5-8 years. Average Vizio TV units have an average lifespan of approximately 7 years.Is it worth it to repair a TV? ›
It is worth it to repair your TV if the cost of the repair is significantly cheaper than the cost of buying a new TV. The most expensive repair for a flat-screen TV is usually a cracked screen — this repair tends to cost more than a replacement TV for all but the largest screen sizes.How do you know when your TV is going bad? ›
If red, blue, or greenish stripes interrupt your viewing experience, there's probably something wrong with your TV's hardware. Lines across a TV screen are usually caused by loose or frayed cables within the screen, which is why knocking on the side or back of the TV can be a temporary fix.How do I turn on my Vizio sound bar? ›
My Sound bar won't power on
- Unplug the power cord from the Sound Bar.
- Once unplugged, hold down the power button on the Sound Bar for 5 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cable and try powering on your sound bar.
You may be experiencing issues with your Vizio TV's volume for several reasons, such as the audio setting not being in sync with your device, damaged cable, firmware bug, or the output settings.How do I get sound back on my Vizio sound bar? ›
- Make sure your sound bar is powering on. ...
- Verify the sound bar is connected to an 'Audio Out' port on the back of the TV. ...
- Make sure the Sound Bar is set to the correct input.
If you use your Vizio TV frequently, where it is switched ON all day, then expect it to last around 3-6 years. However, if you use it sparingly and it is switched OFF for a few hours a day, it should last at least 5-8 years. Average Vizio TV units have an average lifespan of approximately 7 years.What is TruVolume? ›
TruVolume is an innovative and advanced volume setting that eliminates disturbing fluctuations in sound volume noticeable during broadcasts. It allows you to set a desired volume level so that even when the audio becomes louder, the TruVolume will seamlessly keep it to the volume you set.How do you troubleshoot Vizio TV? ›
- Step 1: Power cycle the TV. ...
- Step 2: Verify the cord is securely connected to the video device and the TV.
- Step 3: Check to see if the issue happens on another device, or an app. ...
- Step 4: Check your picture mode to see if there is an issue with your TVs settings.
Soundbars: 6-16 years
A newer amplified soundbar, like a Sonos Arc, should not become obsolete anytime soon, though expect the hardware to operate for up to 7 years before needing a repair or a replacement.
Press the MENU button on the remote. In VIA it is: Depending on the model: Highlight HELP then Clear Memory. Or HELP then Reset and Admin and press the OK button then Clear Memory. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight CLEAR MEMORY/FACTORY DEFAULTS or Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press the OK button.